Saturday, November 27, 2010

Am I really crazy?

Yesterday was Black Friday, I stayed at home reading the newspaper, and saw an ad for a local marathon. I go on an occasional run just to make myself believe that I take good care of my body. The longest I've ever run is probably 10k, and a marathon is more than 4 times that long. Actually a few years ago I started training for a marathon, but this was during the summer (that marathon was in the fall), and the heat and humidity where we live was too much for me to be able to run comfortably. I also developed a painful knee, and I decided that it was not worth it. So I quit.

And now I saw this ad, have a desire to get back into shape (which was actually after some inspiring words from my wonderful wife), and this particular marathon is in the spring, so the training will be in the next, much cooler months. So I did it, I signed up for the half marathon. I convinced my friend with whom I go running once in a while to sign up as well, which he did, but added 'you suck'. It will be good for us.

So here I am now, getting mentally ready for a great adventure.  Call me crazy.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment