Saturday, November 27, 2010

New song

I play guitar in a band, and although I don't sing much, I occasionally write a song. The others in the band are much better singers than I am, so unless they want/can sing it, most of what I write doesn't make it beyond the warm comfort my house. This morning I got some inspiration, and wrote a new song, I am posting the lyrics below. And yes, I used an online rhyme-dictionary.


Fear of falling

Running my life, running my show
Never missed an exit, never missed a goal
Standing on a mountain, living near the top
Everything went easy, never want to stop

Watching all the people, standing there in line
No one seems to wander, everything seems fine
A job, a house, no worries, guided by the stream
Am I really who I am, or am I just a dream?

I got a fear of falling, falling so deep
Can’t stand the thought of stumbling, stumbling and weep
Who’s got the guts to hold me, hold me so tight
And tell me who I really am, ‘cause I can’t get it right

Where are all my memories, are they in a box?
Who has the keys, to open all the locks?
Did you throw them in the ocean, did you hide them in a tree?
Just let me listen to my self, and know who’s really me

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but be moved by what you write. I didn't even know about this post!

    How did everything go easy? What was easy?
    What is the line?
    Who are you, really?

    How do you fail? Compared to what? How do you feel?
    Can anyone tell you who you are? Who can tell you what is "right"?

    Only you can know where are your memories.
    You have the keys to open the locks/
    Where did you hide them?

    Are you listening to your self?
    Do you know who's really you?

    ReplyDelete